Practices Cancelled through April 5

Posted on: February 12, 2021 Back to News ›

The team has decided to CANCEL the remaining Winter Session practices, and will start the process of refunding families and Masters swimmers ASAP.
Alberta Health recently moved Children’s Sports and Performance into Step 1 (started this past Monday February 8) - however, it is not feasible for us to operate under these restrictions (ie. no cohorts, 3m min distance between everyone etc.)

If things go well after 3 weeks, and hospitalizations are under 450 - Step 2 would start the week of Monday March 1 - however, Swim Alberta has informed us that Step 2 restrictions will likely be more limiting than how we were operating in the fall
MacEwan would likely need at least a week to get staff mobilized and the pool up and running again

So, the team will be re-focusing on the Spring session - scheduled to start the week of Monday April 5.

Get Connected

Contact Us

Phone: (780) 435-SWIM (7946)

Follow Us